The Easiest Ways To Achieve Clean Skin
The quest for clear skin is a common one, as we want to look our best and healthiest at all times. Unfortunately, many people suffer from common skin conditions such as acne or dry skin, leaving them with concerns about their appearance and low self-esteem.
Achieving clear skin doesn’t need to come from expensive beauty treatments or creams, as there are many proven methods for smooth skin which start at home. Everything from your diet to how much sleep you get each night can affect your skin, so these tips for clear skin are affordable and easy to achieve for everyone.
Whether you suffer from acne or eczema, there is a proven home remedy that can work for you. A diet with the right kind of foods is crucial for achieving clear skin, but it’s a matter of knowing exactly which foods target problem areas.
The health of our skin is often reflective of how healthy our bodies are, so making small but manageable changes to improve our quality of life will be evident in our skin and hair. Not only will these lifestyle changes bring you a smoother complexion, but they’ll help your body in other ways too.
Common Skin Problems
Not many are lucky enough to go through life without encountering at least one of the common skin problems, which can leave them feeling less than attractive. Although they can put a dampener on our self-esteem, these skin problems are very common and they’re usually treatable through simple lifestyle changes and a healthy diet.
- Acne – Many people suffer from acne-prone skin, and this medical problem can cause your face and other parts of your body to break out with pimples, cysts, and blackheads.
- Eczema – This inflammatory skin condition affects thousands, and it can cause itchy and dry patches of skin on your body and face.
- Oily skin – One of the most common skin problems we all encounter, having oily skin can be embarrassing and often lead to other issues such as pimples.
- Dry skin – Skin that can’t stay moisturized can be more than an annoyance, and although sometimes caused by exposure to the wind, the sun, or cold weather it can also be a telltale sign of unhealthy eating habits.
How To Get Clean Skin Fast
Achieving beautiful skin doesn’t require expensive cosmetics or beauty treatments, as there are many natural ways to achieve it from the inside. Natural skin care with our diets and lifestyle choices is the best way to ensure healthy skin permanently, without the need for a quick fix.
- Get the recommended amount of sleep – Experts recommend between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night for an adult, in order to help your skin repair and rejuvenate. As we sleep, our bodies create collagen as well which helps to fight premature ageing.
- Drink enough water – Water is a miracle cure for many ailments, and it has numerous healing benefits for our skin too. Aim for at least 8 cups of water a day to help your skin stay hydrated and clear up possible skin problems.
- Protect your skin – Prevention is key with our skin, so it’s important to focus on protecting it and not just trying to fix problems when they arise. As the sun can do extreme damage to our bodies, wearing a minimum SPF30+ sunscreen every day is essential.
- Natural, healthy supplements – On top of a healthy diet, there are some amazing natural supplements you can take which promote skin health. Natural ingredients such as krill oil and liquid zinc are great for clearing acne and other problems, and they’re easy to take when you can’t fit the necessary nutrients into your everyday diet.
The Best Foods For Clear Skin
Nature is full of superfoods with amazing powers for our skin, hair, and nails. Just by adding a few of these ingredients to your everyday meal plan you should notice an immediate improvement in your skin and a better feeling overall.
- Blueberries – One of the most popular foods for how to get clear skin, blueberries are delicious and easy to add to any meal of the day. Thanks to their high levels of antioxidants, blueberries can repair sun damaged skin and brighten up your complexion to clear away common problems.
- Lobster – Although it may be more of a treat food, there’s no denying the skin renewal powers of lobster. These crustaceans are packed with zinc which promotes collagen renewal and protects your cell membranes.
- Spinach – This amazing leafy green actually has three ingredients for clear skin: vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. All three of these work together to protect your skin from damage and smooth it free from imperfections. Put a handful in your salad or add it to a morning smoothie for all of the benefits.
- Peppermint tea – This one is particularly handy for acne sufferers and delicious and nutritious to drink. Peppermint tea affects your oestrogen levels which can help clear up hormonal skin problems such as acne. One or two hot cups a day is all you need for results.
A Healthy Body For Glowing Skin
Our skin often acts as a representation of just how healthy our insides are, so focusing on your general health and wellbeing is the easiest way to treat your skin. By ensuring you eat a balanced and nutritious diet full of healthy oils and fats, vegetables, and fresh fruit, you’re already on the right path for how to have clear skin.
On top of our diet, we should also take care to implement a basic skincare routine. A daily moisturizer with sunscreen added, as well as washing our faces each night before bed is all we need to help with clear skin. There’s no need to spend hundreds on expensive cosmetics and treatments, as smooth skin can be achieved with the right foods and simple lifestyle changes.