How To Burn Belly Fat With A Few Simple Tips
Our stomachs are notorious for being one of the hardest areas to shift weight from, and many people suffer from belly fat that just won’t budge. People often find that even with regular diet and exercise they’re still unable to get rid of the final inches from their stomachs.
Whether yours has come from carrying children, overindulging during the holidays, or you’re just trying to shift the final pounds in your weight loss journey, there are some tips you can use to burn belly fat.
While a healthy diet and proper nutrition are the best defenses we have against fat in general, knowing how to reduce belly fat needs a more tailored approach. There are specific exercises to lose belly fat which may be more useful and some foods that actually target the problem area.
Sometimes, though, belly fat can be a sign of something more serious. The size of our stomachs are often a good indication of other health issues such as diabetes and heart disease, so it’s important to keep them in check and learn how to reduce belly circumference. These simple tips will get you on the way to a slimmer waist and healthier body.
Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat
Unfortunately, there’s no magic pill that’s going to strip off your belly fat without you ever lifting a finger. You will have to put in work to see results, but they’ll definitely be worth it come swimsuit season. The best way to lose belly fat is with diet and exercise and these simple moves from Shape Magazine can help you target the problem area for good.
1. Side plank – For a more advanced move than a standard plank, the side plank is great for targeting belly fat. Lay on your left side, keeping your legs stacked and place your elbow directly beneath your shoulder. Tighten your core and pick your hip up off the floor so that your body is in a strong diagonal line. Hold the move for at least 30 seconds before lowering yourself and switching sides.
2. Walkout pushup – This one strengthens your entire core, and also works your arm and leg muscles for a complete workout. Start in a regular pushup position and then slowly walk your arms out in front of you and then back. Repeat this move 10 times if possible, keeping your core engaged the entire time.
3. Alligator drag – The alligator drag combines strength, cardio, and stability to strengthen your core. Find something you can place under your feet that will slide across the floor, such as a plastic bag. Begin with a standard pushup and put your feet on the plastic bags. Using only your hands, walk yourself forward 10 yards and let your feet drag, keeping your core engaged and a straight line with your body. Rest for a minute and return.
Always incorporate these moves into a broader exercise program, such as regular cardio, to ensure you’re getting the required amount of exercise each day and not just working one area.
The Foods To Target Belly Fat
If you’re wondering how to get rid of belly fat for good, there are some amazing ingredients which actually target this zone. When used in conjunction with exercise, you should see amazing and instant results.
- Milk – This amazing dairy product and other calcium-rich foods have been shown to target intra-abdominal fat which can be dangerous to your health, and cause your waistline to increase.
- Nuts – Nuts can help in another way to target belly fat, by promitng good sleep. With a better sleep, you’re less likely to indulge in high sugar and fat foods, and they’ll keep you fuller for longer.
- Egg whites – These wonders are full of protein and low in calories, so they’re the perfect food for targeting belly fat. They can be cooked and consumed a number of ways, making them a versatile choice.
Best Supplements For Losing Belly Fat
For those that need to know how to lose belly fat fast, adding some natural supplements to your regime may help to speed up the process. Supplements for losing belly fat should be taken in conjunction with a balanced and nutritious diet, as well as regular daily exercise.
The best natural supplements are those which boost metabolism and aid faster weight loss, as well as ones which can increase your energy levels so you’re more likely to work out. Key ingredients to look out for include caffeine, green tea extract, Forskolin, ginger, and capsicum.
These supplements are ideal for people who have attempted staying active and eating well but found that their belly weight isn’t shifting. The natural ingredients have the ability to rev up your metabolism and produce better results than diet and exercise alone making it easier to burn belly fat for good.
The Consequences Of Belly Fat
While it’s important to know how to burn belly fat, you should always be focused on good nutrition and regular exercise to benefit your entire body. Eating well and exercising will ensure you look good all over and are less likely to rely on crash diets or unhealthy calorie restrictions.
According to WebMD, a healthy waist size for women is less than 35 inches, and 40 inches if you’re a man. Anything more than this and you’re likely to be carrying more visceral fat which is responsible for serious health conditions.
Knowing how to burn belly fat with diet and exercise is key to keeping fat off in other areas, so consistency is important. Once you’ve made these changes part of your everyday routine and seen the amazing results, there’ll be no need to feel you’re on a diet any longer.