Your Guide For How To Lose Weight Effectively And Quickly
For some, losing weight can be one of the most challenging things they’ll ever go through. With temptations and a lack of motivation hanging over your head, the weight loss journey may seem difficult and complicated.
Knowing how to lose weight the smart way can turn this process around into something rewarding and simple to do, provided you’re happy to put in the work and plan ahead for your choices. Whether your goal is just to lose a few pounds or you’re after something more substantial, following these easy weight loss tips will make it far more enjoyable.
With everything we now know about nutrition, food science, exercise, and herbal supplements, quick weight loss has never been easier to achieve. Using all of these elements together, you can lose weight effectively and change your lifestyle so that you keep it off for good.
How Does Weight Loss Work
The best way to lose weight is by arming yourself with the right information about how this process actually works. When you understand exactly how and why your body stores weight, and the most effective way to burn fat, you’ll find it that much easier to put this information into practice and start shedding pounds.
Weight loss ultimately comes down to our metabolism. This process is how our body converts the food and drink we consume into energy. As we sleep, eat, relax, and work out, our body is busy converting food into energy based on our metabolic rate. This rate differs for everyone and certain factors such as body composition can impact it.
To lose weight, the energy we’re expending needs to be more than what we’re consuming. Other factors also include age, starting weight, hormones, and genetic makeup can all have a say in how fast we lose weight as well.
Knowing how to lose weight is a matter of planning and recording how many calories you’re ingesting and then working to burn more than this, creating a deficit. Eventually, the fat will begin to burn off and you’ll notice a shift in the scales, thanks to a healthy diet and regular exercise.
A Healthy Weight Loss Goal
The first step for how to lose weight comes with planning, and this organization is going to be crucial throughout the weight loss journey. Before you start any diet or exercise regime, you’ll need to have a goal in mind for your weight loss.
Whether you want to focus on an exact number on the scales or opt for something like fitting into a smaller size pant, you should always have a goal in mind that you can work toward. While it may be tempting to opt for the fastest way to lose weight and try to starve yourself, this will usually have the opposite effect.
A healthy weight loss goal is an achievable one and one that won’t leave you starved of any vital nutrients and vitamins. The more realistic and attainable your weight loss goal is, the more likely you are to stick to it. Set up weekly progress goals as well so that you can reward yourself when you’re successful.
With regular exercise, a calorie controlled diet, and the right natural supplements, you should be able to lose quite a few pounds in just your first month of weight loss. This is due to the fact that early weight loss is always more common, and a lot of this has to do with water weight and how we retain fluid.
What Is Water Weight
Water weight is a common term thrown around with dieting and is often to blame for many people not seeing a big shift on the scales in the early days of their diet. As our bodies are made up of more than 50% water, it’s often a difficult process to keep ourselves adequately hydrated and balanced.
Sometimes, our bodies hold onto excess water in an effort to aid hydration, and this retention can also be caused by other diet and lifestyle choices. When we start a healthy eating plan, we may find a greater loss in the first few weeks thanks to this water weight dropping off.
Reducing your sodium intake, drinking more water, and performing regular exercise can all help to shift water weight, as your body no longer needs to hold onto it. Within the first week of a new healthy eating plan, you should notice a few pounds leaving, but remember some of this will return as your body levels its water retention out.
Healthy Eating For Weight Loss
The most crucial part of weight loss comes from our nutrition, as our food choices control so much more than we know. A weight loss diet is more than just restricting calories, but should focus instead on eating a balanced range of foods that are designed to keep us fuller for longer and give us enough energy for the day.
Depending on your weight and other factors, how many calories you need to ingest for steady weight loss will differ. Following a healthy diet plan that’s free from high fat and high sugar processed foods is the best first step to weight loss and a plan that’s far more manageable than starving yourself.
Knowing how to lose weight quickly again comes down to forward planning, so you should have a diary and schedule for the foods you’re going to eat each day. This will ensure you’re not left to make any choices in the heat of the moment, giving yourself less room to fail. After just a few days, it will become easier to plan ahead as you’ll learn when your hungry times are and what triggers you might have.
Fat Burning Foods
Having a varied diet of fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and nuts is the best approach for how to lose weight. However, there are actually some foods available that burn fat as you eat them. By implementing just a few of these into your daily eating plan, you’re increasing your weight loss chances phenomenally.
- Whole grains – What better reason to avoid processed food? Eating whole grains makes your body work twice as hard and burn double the calories than if you had chosen a processed meal.
- Lean meats – Anything that’s packed full of protein is going to give you an additional fat burning push. Lean meats such as chicken breast allow you to burn about 30% of their calories as you ingest, saving you a third of the total calories just from eating it. They also fill you up for longer, making you less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks.
- Green tea – Studies have shown that drinking six cups of decaffeinated green tea a day is proven to aid weight loss more than in those who didn’t drink it, and reduce body fat by 1.6%. Ensure that’s it’s served fresh and hot, though, otherwise, it won’t have the same effect.
- Hot peppers – Not only are they great for spicing up a boring meal, but adding hot peppers to your cooking can also help you drop the pounds. Capsaicin, the compound found in chili which gives it the spiciness, heats up your body as you eat it and helps to melt fat.
The Best Exercises To Lose Weight
With your eating strategy in place, you’ll now need to consider adding exercise into your regime for double the results. While you could probably lose weight slowly just by lowering your calories, the best way for how to lose weight fast is by incorporating exercise as well.
Studies have shown that the most effective ways to burn fat with exercise is with a mix of cardio and strength training. Here are a few suggestions to get the fat burning with these fun workouts:
- HIIT workouts – Not for the faint hearted, but certainly for those who want to know how to lose weight quickly, HIIT means high intensity interval training. The premise behind these workouts is that you incorporate moderate exercise with short bursts of intense exercise thrown in, effectively doubling the rate of calories you burn in the same amount of time. Not only that but these workouts increase your metabolism for up to 24 hours after you’re done so they keep on working even while you sleep.
- Health club/gym classes – If you’re at a loss for what to do in your workout, the easiest way to achieve an effective all over session is by signing up for classes at your local gym or health club. These classes include spinning, aerobics, swimming, dancing, and more which focus on targeting all areas of your body and combining the ideal mix of cardio and strength for weight loss.
- Walking – If you’re new to the world of exercise, starting off with a daily walk is the best way to get fit. For the first week you might aim for a brisk walk, and as your fitness progresses you can begin to jog for small intervals or even run the whole way. Try to run for 30 seconds every five minutes as you build on your strength. This is a free and easy way to lose weight quickly without any additional equipment or skills.
- Natural weight loss supplements – For an added boost to your metabolism and a speedier weight loss, using a natural weight loss supplement is a great idea. Providing you avoid any dangerous diet pills or products with chemicals and unknown ingredients in them, there are some amazing and healthy natural alternatives available.
- Caffeine – Caffeine has long been regarded as one of the best appetite suppressants, whether you enjoy a morning coffee or take a caffeine extract pill. Caffeine is also known to speed up the fat burning process, making it ideal for weight loss.
- Green coffee bean extract – Not only does this extract contain caffeine but also chlorogenic acid. This naturally occurring acid slows the breakdown of carbohydrates in your system so you stay fuller for longer. It can make you feel jittery, though, so caution should be taken.
- Forskolin – The extract from this tropical plant is one of the latest breakthroughs in natural weight loss supplements. Studies have shown that forskolin not only aids in fat loss but also works to preserve your muscle mass so you’re not losing anything important.
- Glucomannan – This fiber extract works differently to most weight loss pills. When taken, it absorbs water to turn into a gel which leaves you feeling full. This is meant to prevent you from eating too much, so you should be cautious that it’s not replacing your meals.
Simple Tips To Lose Weight Fast
There’s no quick fix for how to lose weight fast, provided you’re after a meaningful and long lasting weight loss result. Here are a few simple tips that might make the process easier, and will guarantee that you’re less likely to fail on your new healthy eating plan.
- Food first and exercise second – The food we eat has more impact on our weight loss journey than exercise, so always focus on your diet before you worry about working out. On those days when you’re feeling exhausted and can’t muster up the energy for a walk, adjust your food intake accordingly so you don’t end up causing an imbalance.
- Mix it up – The quickest way to fail a diet is by becoming bored with your food choices. When this happens, we reach for our old trustworthy, unhealthy snacks to brighten up the day again. Keep your stomach guessing with a variety of recipes, snacks, and flavors so that you don’t become bored with the healthy eating process.
- Stay hydrated – Water is an essential element of knowing how to lose weight, so you need to keep your intake up. Aim for at least eight cups a day, or more if you can, so that you can ward off dehydration, keep yourself feeling full between meals, and aid your body with digestion.
- Be prepared for inconsistency – No matter how hard you work and how strict you are with food choices, there are going to be weeks where the scales don’t move. The key is to be prepared for this so that you don’t feel defeated and reach for the comfort food. During a weight loss journey, our weight can fluctuate. Take this as a sign you need to mix up your exercise routine and try some new foods.
How To Keep Your Weight Off For Good
Once you’ve reached your weight loss goal, or come close to achieving it, it can be tempting to ditch your new eating habits and exercise regime. Although you may want to revert back to your old ways, you’ll need to remind yourself that those habits are what got you here in the first place.
Ensure that you keep an eye on your weight by weighing yourself every couple of weeks, without becoming obsessive. This way it won’t creep up on your like it has done in the past, and you can make changes as you go to keep the weight off.
Try not to think of your healthy eating and exercise as a temporary fix, as these are intended to be permanent changes. Once you’ve implemented exercise and good food into your everyday life, you’ll be less inclined to think of this as a temporary diet and rather a new way of living.
Give yourself new goals that aren’t related to weight loss, such as running a marathon or going a whole month without sugar. You’ll find far more satisfaction in achieving these milestones than you would if you returned to old habits, and your physical appearance and health will only continue to improve.
Making Permanent Lifestyle Changes For Weight Loss
Taking a step and arming yourself with the knowledge about how to reduce weight safely and effectively is the best way to begin your weight loss journey. Making these important changes to your nutrition and exercise is essential for a long and healthy life at your optimal weight.
While it’s great to focus on a goal at first and aim to shed some pounds, making manageable and realistic changes to your diet and lifestyle will ensure that these stick around for the long term.
Once you’ve successfully changed bad habits and learned to love the right foods, you’ll never need to focus on weight loss again. At your healthiest weight, you can enjoy a range of foods and stay active, even enjoying some treats in moderation when you wish.
Knowing how to lose weight has never been easier, thanks to breakthroughs in nutrition and exercise, as well as a range of useful natural supplements available. With just a little forward planning and smart choices behind you, your weight loss journey will be fast and enjoyable.