How To Naturally Improve Immune System
Our immune systems are one of the most important effects we have, responsible for keeping us healthy and fighting off potentially harmful bacteria and viruses. These systems involve all of the organs and processes of our body which provide resistance to illness and disease, so improving yours is always important.
To improve immune system takes time, and there’s no quick overnight fix for it. However, with a strengthened immune system you’re less likely to catch colds, flus, and other illnesses which can keep you bedridden for days and zap your energy completely.
Our immune systems not only fight infections, but they remember which ones they’ve defeated so their defenses can be strengthened next time it comes around. These amazing systems should be cared for and improved continuously, and there are some natural and simple ways to do so.
Why A Strong Immune System Is Important
Having a weak immune system can open up the potential for a range of problems, so keeping yours strong and functional is essential. Diet and lifestyle are the easiest ways to improve immune system, but these are not the only measures you should take.
With a strong immune system, you may find yourself less likely to catch colds when they seem to be spreading around. For this reason, many people look for ways to improve theirs coming into winter when cases of the illness are higher.
However, it’s not just good at fighting off the common cold. Having a strong immune system can also be helpful in preventing diabetes, asthma, arthritis and more, both because of its amazing qualities but also the generally healthy lifestyle of people with a strong immunity.
Improving your immune system doesn’t need to be hard work, and with some simple diet changes and lifestyle choices, you are helping your body to protect against a range of potentially harmful bacteria and illnesses.
Natural Immune System Boosters
There are many natural foods and plants which can improve our immune system and act as immune boosters, and they’re simple to incorporate into your everyday diet. Try these simple ingredients to begin repairing your immune system and give yourself a head start for flu season.
- Vitamin C – One of nature’s best vitamins for keeping us free from illness, vitamin C is essential in improving your immune system. Regular consumption of oranges and other citrus fruits is an easy way to boost your immunity.
- Variety of fresh fruits and vegetables – Eating a balanced and varied diet which includes a range of fresh fruits and vegetables is essential in not only improving your immune system but also your general health and wellbeing too.
- Health supplements – There are many natural health supplements available which boast immune boosting powers, however, two of the best ingredients to look for are Echinacea and Forskolin, both known to improve immunity.
Other Ways To Boost Your Immune System
In addition to a healthy diet, there are a few other ways you can improve immune system and give yourself a greater chance at fighting off illness.
- Exercise – Keeping fit and active has so many benefits, especially for your immune system. A study found that adults who exercised regularly were less likely to catch a common cold, so there’s no better exuse to hop off the couch and go for a walk than this.
- Sleep – Researchers have known for many years the link between sleep and immunity, and it’s one of the easiest ways to improve yours. At least 7 hours of restorative sleep each night can repair your cells and tissues, making your stronger to fight off the bad stuff.
- Vitamin D – Getting a bit of sun each week can be another simple way to boost immunity, however, caution needs to be taken not to spend too long exposed to the harmful UV rays.
- Positivity – According to a study of law students regarding positive thinking, their immune systems were shown to match their attitudes and positivity about how their studies were going. Those who were positive were found to have a stronger immune system than those who worried.
- Quit smoking – As soon as a smoker decides to quit, their bodies become stronger and their immune systems begin to repair. This is just one of the many benefits to getting rid of this nasty habit.
Immune System Disorders
A weakened immune system, or immunodeficiency disorder, prevents your body from fighting off illnesses as well as it should. Rather than just having a low immune system which can be improved with diet or lifestyle, there are very serious disorders which can be far more dangerous. These include cancers, AIDS, and immune-complex diseases, which actively attack your immune system.
Whether you were born with an immunodeficiency disorder or develop one later in life, you may experience some symptoms. Signs of an immunodeficiency disorder include frequent occurrences of:
- Pink eye
- Common cold
- Sinus infections
Those who suffer from an immune system disorder can lead extremely normal and healthy lives, which can be aided further with the right choice of diet and lifestyle factors, as well as ongoing medical help from a professional.
Improve Your Immune System for Life
Knowing how to improve immune system now will set you up for a healthy and happy life. These systems are incredibly complex and work very hard around the clock to keep us free from illness, so it’s important to take care of them.
A varied and nutritious diet rich in fruits and vegetables, along with natural health supplements when needed, is the easiest way to boost your immune system. Being aware of how to increase immunity by quitting smoking and exercising regularly will give you a great advantage in repairing yours.
Having a low immune system doesn’t need to be a permanent thing, and these few simple changes in your diet and lifestyle can help you ward off colds, flus, and other nasty illnesses. With a strong immune system, you’ll be armed with a healthy body and high energy levels to help you achieve the best version of yourself.